Code of Ethics
Precursor Systems strives to maintain the highest standard of business ethics. We believe that information technology consultants serve as a guide to the information world for their clients and have a responsibility to adhere to and promote the following standards:
- Conduct work in an ethical manner so that it merits the confidence of colleagues, clients, and the public.
- Strive to avoid improprieties, as well as the appearance of improprieties.
- Always show respect for clients, consultants, and competitors.
- Abide by all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws with regard to the operation of business.
- Avoid engaging in contracts that are in violation of the law or that might reasonably be used by a client to violate the law.
- Honor intellectual property rights and explain to clients what their obligations may be.
- Only use, install, or support fully licensed software.
- Complete all services for a client in a professional and timely manner.
- Avoid misrepresentation of skills or experience.
- Safeguard any confidential information or documents entrusted to us and not divulge any confidential information without the consent of the client.
- Protect the safety, health, and welfare of the public and speak out against abuses in these areas affecting the public interest.
- Offer equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, color, sex, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Seek to extend public knowledge and appreciation of the consulting profession and its achievements.
- Encourage colleagues and co-workers to act in accordance with this code and support them when they do.
- In all circumstances, use good judgment.
Last updated: May 4, 2007.